The AKG C214 large-diaphragm condenser microphone has been designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end C414 family. Like the C414, the C214 offers a supreme one-inch capsule on an integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise. A switchable 20dB attenuation pad allows recording of loud sources of up to 156dB SPL. A switchable bass-cut filter allows close-up recording with almost no proximity effect.
The C214 captures sound by combining one capsule of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and the patented AKG Back-Plate technology, resulting in an outstanding performance close to the famous C414 XLII.
AKG C214 Features:
- Large-diaphragm condenser mic
- Cost-effective alternative to C414
- Outstanding dynamic range & ultra-low noise
- 1" capsule on integrated suspension
- Switchable 20dB attenuation pad
- Record loud sources of <156dB SPL
- Switchable bass-cut filter for close-up recording
- Roadworthy design with all-metal die-cast body & shock-/scratch- resistant finish