The C 24 from Avid is a 24-channel control surface that provides hands-on control of Pro Tools mixing, recording, and editing. Housed in a sleek and stylish chassis, the unit also offers 16 high-quality analog preamps and an improved analog 5.1 surround monitor section for use in professional music and post-production projects.
The control surface features 24 bankable channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive, motorized fader, a high-quality rotary encoder with LED ring, dedicated mute, solo and channel select illuminated buttons, and dedicated input, record, EQ, dynamics, insert, send and automation buttons. Additional edit command controls are provided, plus a Soft Keys section that allows future features to be added as Pro Tools software evolves.
The analog section features 16 high-quality, low-noise preamps, each with a high-pass filter, variable input gain, and switchable phantom power (in banks of 8). It also houses an 8-channel stereo line submixer, which can be routed directly to the integrated monitor section, making it easy to mix signals from outboard instruments and equipment.
A flip mode makes it easy to switch encoder functions to the faders, while dedicated bank select and nudge buttons enable easier Pro Tools mixer navigation. Also offered is an updated transport section for machine control integration, along with windows configurations and memory locations modes for creating, editing, and recalling these settings.
An LED Timecode display shows absolute time, SMPTE, feet/frames, and bars/beats and a jog/shuttle wheel is provided for scrubbing, editing, bank-nudging and navigation. Bright, easy-to-read, 55 x 2 LED scribble strips provide a 6-character, dual row display per channel for instant verification of channel names, plug-in parameters, sends, panning, and other editing functions. Avid C 24 Features:
- Direct hands-on access to recording, editing, routing, and mixing functions in Pro Tools HD or Pro Tools LE
- 24 bankable channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive, motorized fader and dedicated Mute, Solo, Select, Input, Record, EQ, Dynamics, Insert, Send, Automation buttons
- Easy-to-read, 6-character, dual-row LED scribble strip displays provide instant visual feedback for channel names, plug-in parameters, sends, panning, and other editing functions
- 24 high-quality rotary encoders with LED rings
- 16 high-quality microphone/line/DI preamps with high-pass filters and variable input gain allow direct microphone, instrument and line-level connections (via DB25) for recording through an Avid audio interface
- 8-channel stereo line submixer which can be routed directly to the monitor section
- Professional, integrated 5.1 surround analog monitor system with trimmable inputs and outputs
- Built-in talkback microphone and inputs for remote talkback and listenback
- Intelligent switch design with bold graphics makes the layout easy to memorize and navigate
- Sleek, low-profile industrial design with stylish dark graphite color scheme
- External power supply allows for a more streamlined console design