The QTC40features a near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern that is uniform across all specified frequencies, allowing the microphone to capture rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule. With an extended 3Hz-40kHz ruler-flat frequency response (with no frequencies exaggerated or attenuated) the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound. Unit is time coherent, precisely capturing high and low frequency sounds with no phase errors, which will smear transients and create other time related distortions.
The QTC40 has an SPL rating of 140dB for plenty of headroom, with no distorition and no proximity effect so the mic can be set as close as desired to the sound source. It is ideal for for recording quieter sources such as vocals, strings and distant miked orchestras or choirs, as well as drum overheads, close-miked wind and percussion instruments, and foley.
- Frequency response to 40kHz and excellent impulse response
- Perfect for recording full detail of instruments in the studio yet robust and subtle enough to record bird sounds in the jungle
- Intended for detailed sources
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Accurate and uncolored
- Handles sound levels up to 142dB with no proximity effect or handling noise
- Requires 48V Phantom Power