The SR40 is a multi-purpose instrument microphone designed for live performance and studio recording environments. Features a near-perfect cardioid polar pattern that is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, ensuring more gain before feedback and virtually eliminating phasing issues when using multiple microphones, and has an extended frequency response from 20Hz - 40kHz that reproduces sound with depth and accuracy, especially in instruments that include more high frequency overtones.
The SR40 is capable of handling sound pressure levels of up to 139dB without distortion, has clean on-axis response for maximum articulation up to 90 degrees off-axis, and more than 30dB of rear rejection to reduce off-axis noise and feedback from ambient noise and nearby monitors.
- Extended frequency response to 40kHz
- Multi-purpose directional microphone
- More gain before feedback than other microphones
- Less leakage
- Textbook perfect cardioid polar pattern with natural on- and off-axis performance
- Provides excellent results for both live performance and recording applications
- Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
- Transparent sound quality
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier louder attacks
- 30Hz - 40kHz frequency response, revealing subtleties in the sound that are non-existent from microphones with less high frequency range, and enabling musical performances to exhibit greater depth and realism
- Exceptional rear rejection performance enables the SR40 to easily isolate instruments in a recording or live performance setting to minimize acoustic bleed