An ideal choice for classrooms and small group meeting spaces, the Hitachi CP-WX4042WN combines excellent image clarity and long-life reliability in a high-quality LCD projector that's still plenty affordable even if you're on a tight budget! With a WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution, 4000 ANSI lumens output, and 10,000:1 contrast ratio, it provides bright, vivid colors and razor-sharp text to make any meeting or presentation more engaging for every member of your audience. The CP-WX4042WN is also equipped with plenty of excellent features that make it easy to present your content in whatever way works best for you, as well as features to keep costs down over the life of the projector.
Hitachi's onboard "Accentualizer" allows for enhancements to the sharpness, gloss, and shade of the image on this projector to make it more closely resemble a flat-panel display in clarity and quality. You can also adjust these effects by three levels based on the surroundings of the room to ensure that the colors of the projected images are true-to-source, so you'll see the content as intended rather than an inaccurate representation of it.
High Dynamic Contrast Range (HDCR)
Typically, when a projector is used in a bright room, darker colors on the image tend to wash out and make the image clarity less than ideal. This is taken care of thanks to the High Dynamic Contrast Range (HDCR) function found on this projector, which when activated corrects image clarity problems caused by room lighting or outside light sources, and an effect similar to increasing the contrast occurs. This will ensure that even in a room with lots of natural lighting, you'll have an image that can be seen by all.
Spend less time adjusting settings in a multi-unit installation with the cloning function found on this projector model. You can copy configuration settings from one projector to another via USB memory, and you can save almost all PJ settings including gamma and keystone.
Hitachi's ImageCare lamp control function offers ideal image performance while keeping energy usage down by improving contrast ratio and lengthening lamp life automatically, resulting in a lower cost of ownership and decreased maintenance costs.
Intelligent Eco and Saver Modes
These two modes work in conjunction with the ImageCare lamp control function to automatically adjust the brightness of the lamp according to the ambient brightness of the screen to ensure a clear image in any lighting conditions. Plus, if there is no change in the screen image, the lamp's brightness will automatically dim in a screen saver-type function.
Perfect Fit 2
The Perfect Fit 2 functions found on the CP-WX4042WN ensure that your image fits and looks correctly no matter what surface you're using. Independently adjust individual corners and sides and use vertical and horizontal digital correction to prevent barrel or pin cushion distortions.
This projector supports screen mirroring from a smartphone or tablet when connected to the projector via its MHL input. This function supports any and all apps that you can use on your mobile device, and provides you with an additional way to make your presentations as engaging as possible.
Projector Quick Connection App for Mobile Devices
Hitachi's mobile application offers full projector control and also provides the capability to display photos, document files, and website contents from your iOS or Android devices. This app works over your LAN via your RJ-45 port or via an optional USBWL11N wireless adapter (sold separately).
Hitachi CP-WX4042WN Features:
- WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution
- 4000 ANSI lumens white/color output
- 16 Watt audio output
- 10,000:1 contrast ratio
- Two (2) HDMI inputs
- 10,000 hours lamp life (Eco-2 mode)
- 5000 hours unwoven filter
- High Dynamic Contrast Range (HDCR) and Accentualizer
- Perfect Fit 2
- Mobile High-Definition (MHL)
- Input Source Naming: Users can rename input sources in more descriptive terms instead of the factory default names
- Microphone Input: A microphone can be used via the jack located on the input panel, which allows for more dynamic presentations even in standby mode
- Network Control, Maintenance, and Security: Embedded networking gives you the ability to manage and control multiple projectors over your LAN. Features include scheduling of events, centralized reporting, image transfer, and email alerts for reactive and routine maintenance.
- PC-Less Presentation: By using a USB memory stick or other storage device, you can use the projector without a computer. Menus are easy to see with a thumbnail display. There is also a slideshow function. This feature also supports the following file types: JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, AVI, and MOV — frame rate is under 12 fps 640 x 480.
- PIN Lock / MyScreen / MyText: PIN Lock protection can limit projector users. MyScreen PIN lock keeps captured images on the startup screen. Users can set any name logo to MyScreen, clearly identifying ownership. MyText provides the ability to write text on the startup screen such as model name, serial number, or location.
- PJMessenger: PJMessenger function allows you to send and display text messages and audio alerts on your networked projectors. It is an easy and efficient way to send announcements out to multiple units.
- Present Content via LAN: Hitachi's suite of software allows you to easily send content from your PC to the projector via your LAN connection.
- Serial Number and Media Access Control Label: A label is affixed to the side of the projector to more easily access and read the model name, serial number, and MAC address while mounted in ceiling use. This is a convenience for installers, end users, and auditors for instant accessibility.
- Wireless Presentation Compatible: Connect the projector to a computer or your network using the optional USB wireless adapter (part number USBWL11N). The adapter supports IEEE802.11n.