Radial's BT-Pro™ Bluetooth® direct box is an easy-to-use solution to add Bluetooth wireless streaming into any PA or recording setup! It will take the wireless signal from any Bluetooth-enabled device such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop and convert it into a balanced stereo line level signal that is output via two XLR connections. There's also a stereo-to-mono switch that converts the signal from a stereo left/right output to two mono outputs, so if you don't have the available inputs to run a stereo signal into your mixing board, or you want to send the signal to two different systems at the same time, you can easily do so with the BT-Pro. Plus, it comes with a ground-lift switch and two isolation transformer switches to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
As with any product made by Radial, the BT-Pro has outstanding build quality and is designed to withstand the abuse that comes with regular travel. The Bluetooth antenna is housed within an innovative T-shaped access cavity that is protected by a milled insert made from Sintra® — a rugged, closed-cell PVC material — that keeps the antenna safe while still allowing for interference-free signal transmission from up to 40 feet away!
BT-Pro is equipped with a mini USB port to connect to its external 5V power supply or it can be powered by a laptop or USB hub, making it easy to take this box on the road without having to worry about needing special power cables. Once the unit is powered on, there are two LED indicators that indicate whether it is searching for a signal or connected to a device. Activate the Bluetooth on your device and it sends an initial pairing message to identify the BT-Pro, which will show up as "RadialEng." You then use a connection passcode to pair the devices together, which is an important security feature that helps ensure that no one else can hijack your system once you've connected. After pairing, the blue LED will flash every three seconds to indicate the connection is maintained.
Radial BT-Pro Features:
- Milled Sintra T-shape cavity for the hidden antenna allows wireless reception distances of 40 ft (12 m) or more with line of sight between devices.
- Pairing LEDs illuminate to provide visual feedback status of the wireless Bluetooth connection.
- On/Off Switch activates Bluetooth pairing. Turn off and back on to reset the BT-Pro or connect to a different Bluetooth device.
- Output Level potentiometer is used to set the balanced output level at the XLR outputs. Also controls the headphone volume output for troubleshooting.
- Mono Switch sums the output from the stereo digital audio converter to mono. Used to save channels or split signal to more than one destination.
- Mini 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS stereo headphone connection used to check signal coming from the Bluetooth receiver and digital audio converter output.
- USB Power input employs standard USB Mini-B for easy connection to a laptop or to the included power supply.
- Balanced male XLR outputs deliver up to +4 dB signal for professional audio systems. These employ the AES standard with pin 1 (ground), pin 2 (+), and pin 3 (-).
- Ground Lift switch lifts pin 1 ground on both XLR outputs to aid in eliminating ground-loop noise.
- Transformers for distortion-free signal transfer and 100% isolation from ground loop hum
- Isolation Switches insert transformers into the audio signal path to help eliminate hum and buzz