With advanced capsule design coupled with carefully engineered internal electronics, The U857QLU UniLine™ condenser microphone from Audio-Technica delivers clear, consistent sound for a variety of installed applications. The 23.74 inch version of U857QU, the U857QLU features Audio-Technica's UniLine™ line-cardioid element.
The U857QLU microphone is designed to plug directly into a panel- or desk-mounted XLRF-type connector. Its ultra-flexible, robust gooseneck permits easy adjustment into desired shape while resisting inadvertent repositioning. Featuring UniGuard™ innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference, the U857QLU accepts new interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine™ line cardioid polar patterns. The phantom-powered microphone also offers an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise.
- Designed for high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording and broadcasting
- UniLine™ polar pattern provides narrow 90° acceptance angle
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Easy-to-adjust, rugged, small-diameter, alternating gooseneck with virtually no "memory" permits quick positioning into desired shape
- UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power module
- Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90° to 360°
- Two-stage foam windscreen yields dramatically improved resistance to P-pops and other breath blasts
- Quick-mount design with 3-pin XLRM-type connector insert at base plugs into any standard XLRF-type surface or cable connector
- Included shock mount attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through the mounting surface