The Audix SCX1 is a professional studio cardioid condenser microphone designed for a wide variety of recording, broadcast and live sound applications. Known for its high sensitivity, pin-point accuracy, low profile and consistency, the SCX1 is also available with hypercardioid (model: SCX1HC) or omnidirectional (model: SCX1O) capsules.
With a smooth uniform frequency response from 40 Hz - 20 kHz, the SCX1 is very consistent when responding to on and off-axis signals, and exhibits excellent phase coherence and minimal proximity effect. The SCX1 is characterized with a wide cardioid polar pattern; this, coupled with the high output and sensitivity of the microphone, makes the SCX1 an ideal choice for miking drum overheads, instruments, room ambience, orchestral sections, stringed instruments, piano, vibes and sound effects.
- Includes a 21 mm gold vapor capsule, miniaturized electronics and an extremely small footprint
- Handles sound pressure levels of 130 dB and provides up to 20 dB of ambient noise rejection
- Works well for acoustic instruments, group vocals, speech or Foley work
- Popular choice for interior dialogue boom pole miking
- Precision machined brass body
- Interchangeable capsules
- Black multi-layer class 'A' liquid finish and gold plated XLR connector