The Bose T1 ToneMatch™ audio engine is a digital multichannel mixer designed for use with Bose's L1 Model I or II portable line array PA systems and offers enhanced control over your sound along with additional inputs for adding more microphones or instruments to your setup. The ToneMatch connects to an L1 system via the included ToneMatch Ethercon cable, which simultaneously sends audio to the L1 system and powers the ToneMatch, so you don't have to worry about carrying an extra power supply when using this system.
The T1 ToneMatch is equipped with Bose's proprietary ToneMatch engine, which provides a selection of presets designed for specific instruments and microphones to get the best possible sound from your equipment by optimizing system equalization. Simply select the ToneMatch option on the T1's rotary selector and scroll through until you find the preset that matches your equipment and the T1 will take care of the rest. If you're using a piece of equipment that doesn't have an available preset, you can go to www.bose.com/musicians and search for additional presets to download, which you can then add to your T1 unit by connecting it to your computer via a USB cable. Or, if you've found a preset for your gear that you want to tweak slightly, simply select the zEQ function on the rotary dial, which allows you to adjust the low/mid/high frequencies that are within the range of your instrument or microphone. You also have access to loads of other features such as parametric EQ, compressor/gate, modulation effects, delay, reverb, and an onboard instrument tuner. Plus, if you've dialed in everything just the way you like it and want to preserve your settings, you can save scenes on the T1 to recall later for fast setup at future gigs.
The T1 comes with three XLR-1/4" combo jack inputs that can accept balanced XLR or 1/4" TRS signals from microphones or line level devices, or it can also accept 1/4" TS unbalanced signals from high-impedance gear such as guitars. You also get an additional pair of 1/4" inputs on channel 4/5 that can be used for stereo input signals and accepts balanced or unbalanced signals. As mentioned above, the T1 also has a USB port that allows you to connect this unit to your computer to download ToneMatch presets and update the ToneMatch software. Plus, when the T1 is connected to a computer via USB, you can send audio from your computer to the T1 for music playback, or you can send audio from the T1 to your computer if you want to record your performances.
The T1 ToneMatch can be mounted directly to your L1 system with the included mounting hardware, which allows for left- or right-side mounting. There is also optional microphone stand mounting hardware available as well (sold separately) that allows you to mount the T1 to any standard mic stand for easier access to controls.
Bose T1 ToneMatch Features:
- Quick and easy-to-use interface
- One-cable connection to L1 Model I or II ToneMatch ports
- Mountable on a Cylindrical Radiator loudspeaker or a microphone stand (with optional microphone stand mounting hardware - sold separately)
- High-quality, low-noise preamps in each channel, allowing the use of almost any instrument or microphone
- LED display and illuminated controls for playing on dimly-lit stages
- ToneMatch presets optimize system equalization to preserve the natural sound of specific instruments or microphones
- zEQ allows for further tonal shaping within ToneMatch presets by allowing adjustments of low/mid/high frequencies
- Built-in chromatic tuner
- Performance scenes that can be saved and recalled
- Two flexible analog outputs
- System updates and ToneMatch presets available at www.bose.com/musicians
- USB audio interface to your computer