A drum shield is by far the best method of controlling acoustic drum volume in a live performance. The ClearSonic IsoPac B drum shield combines acrylic shields, SORBER absorption baffles, and a lid system to create a portable isolation booth. Isolating drum sound lets singers and musicians lower their stage monitors and improve the performance mix. With almost no drum sound bleeding off the stage and lower stage monitors, it becomes much easier for sound techs to create a professional sounding audio mix. Your visitors will enjoy the performance, and so will you.
SORBER absorption baffles are lightweight foam panels that soak up both reflected and direct sound, keeping the kit from sounding roomier than desired. They come in three sizes/models: S5-2 is 5.5' tall by 4' wide. S4-2 is 4' tall by 3.67' wide. S2 is 2' tall by 2' wide and can be used as wall treatment for studios, basements, church sanctuaries, etc. They can also Velcro onto the ClearSonic drum shield panels.
ClearSonic drum shield panels are durable, acrylic panels that provide acoustic separation between instruments on stage or in the studio. They reduce drum bleed into vocal or instrument mics and lower stage volume so everyone can hear themselves better. With full-length accordion hinges, these panels transport and store easily, and they have no gaps where sound could escape. Models are: A5-6 (set of six 5.5' high by 2' wide panels); AX-12 and AX-18 height extensions (12" and 18" panels, respectively, for boosting IsoPac system height).
Drum shield SORBER lid systems (to be used with an IsoPac system with 5 ClearSonic drum shield panels or more) substantially contain sound within your enclosure and have a lightweight yet sturdy telescoping aluminum bar for support.
For more information read how to choose a drum shield.
ClearSonic IsoPac B Features:
- Components: 1 A5-6 (6 ClearSonic Panels), 1 AX12-6 (6-section 12" height extenders), 3 S5-2D (regular absorption panels), 1 STC5D (center lid section), 2 STS5D (side lid sections), 1 BAR (supports lid), 4 S2D (baffles), 1 fan (for cooling the booth)
- Controls acoustic drum volume in live performance
- Allows sound techs to craft professional mixes & musicians to hear better
- No gaps for sound leakage
- Easily transported & stored
- Color: dark grey
- Assembled booth diameter: 6.5' (2m)