The L-Acoustics LA4X is an amplified controller based on a four input by four output architecture combining the benefits of the self-powered speaker packages with the flexibility of outboard DSP and amplification. L-Acoustics loudspeaker enclosures can be driven by the LA4X in three different modes: "a la carte" - where the 4 inputs/4 outputs are allocated to passive enclosures in a one-to-one link; "full active" - a fully discrete power and DSP drive for active enclosures; and "conventional" - connecting multiple enclosures in parallel.
The LA4X features a green SMPS power supply with PFC. Its high efficiency class D amplification is capable of delivering 4 x 1000W power at 8Ω or 4Ω with class-leading hold times. Other notable features include AES/EBU as standard and extensive DSP resources per output: 1000 ms of delay, a comprehensive EQ station including the exclusive Array Morphing tool together with 8 IIR, 3 FIR, and air absorption compensation filters, and advanced L-DRIVE protection - all with Ethernet networking and a powerful yet simple to use interface backed by a firmware with ultra-fast start-up time.
L-Acoustics LA4X Features:
- Loudspeaker amplification, 96 kHz/32 bit DSP, Ethernet network
- L-Acoustics preset library
- 4-channel class D amplification fed by 4 inputs (analog or AES/EBU)
- Green SMPS power supply with PFC
- 4 x 4 DSP engine
- 4-channel power amplification & power supply
- 4 x 1000W power at 8 or 4 Ohms for 200 ms
- EQ station with 11 EQ (IIR/FIR) filters & 1000 ms delay per output
- Air absorption compensation filter
- Exclusive L-DRIVE system protection
- 5-second start-up time LA NETWORK MANAGER 2.2 PC software for remote control & monitoring