The Lab.gruppen E 8:2 power amplifier offers top-notch sound quality, rugged durability, an ultra-compact 1RU chassis, and incredibly low total cost of ownership making it an outstanding choice for houses of worship and other permanent installation applications! This dual-function stereo amplifier offers 400 Watts per channel in power, and is capable of driving 70V speaker systems as well as standard 2, 4, or 8 Ohm speakers.
This amp is part of Lab.gruppen's E Series of power amplifiers, which are driven by IntelliDrive Energy Efficient Amplifier (IDEEA) technology, which is based around a patented Class D variant output stage. IDEEA produces high power levels with very low distortion while also drawing very little power, meaning that your energy consumption costs will be lower than other amplifiers with comparable power output. These energy savings will significantly add up over the lifetime of the E 8:2; it will practically pay for itself after several years! Plus, the IDEEA technology found in this amp offers full Energy Star compliance with its net operating efficiency of greater than 80% with an auto-power-down feature that causes the amp to switch to standby mode after 20 minutes without any input signal. The moment any input signal returns, the amp will power up without missing a beat.
Another exclusive feature to the E Series is Lab.gruppen's proprietary Rail Sensing Limiter (RSL™) which automatically reduces signal clipping, ensuring that audio output coming from the amp sounds its best, no matter what the source. The RSL function is user configurable for Hi-Z (70V) or Lo-Z setups, and it senses rail voltages and optimizes each output for instantaneous load conditions. You can also adjust the RSL settings for asymmetric channel loads for optimal performance and efficiency of each speaker. This means that you can allocate output power among the channels as needed for your current application, which makes it possible to create atypical setups such as driving a small subwoofer on one channel and a number of 70V ceiling loudspeakers on the second channel.
Lab.gruppen E 8:2 Features:
- High power density: 2x 400 W in 1U
- Certified Energy Star compliant
- Flexible IntelliDrive delivers similar power per channel at 70V and Lo-Z (2, 4, 8 Ohms)
- Asymmetric loading allows "mixing and matching" of loads with different impedances to maximize both overall system efficiency and inventory utilization
- IDEEA output stage based on patented Class D variant
- High efficiency — extremely low power consumption and heat output
- Auto-standby function with power consumption < 1 W in standby state
- Exceptionally low lifetime operating costs
- Innovative RSL switch circuit senses rail voltage and optimizes output for instantaneous load conditions
- Efficient cooling with one temperature-controlled fan
- Comprehensive circuit protection and fault indication