Searching for a high-quality handheld lead vocal microphone can be a daunting task, especially with so many different microphones available on the market today. However, if you ask any professional what their favorite brands of microphones are, that list will typically include microphones from Shure, whose legendary durability and quality have been their calling cards for decades. The BETA 58A supercardioid dynamic microphone is no exception to this legacy, carrying the same qualities as other Shure microphones such as world-famous SM58, while tailoring its frequency response to lead vocals and increasing its volume output. These qualities make the BETA 58A an outstanding choice for a lead vocalist looking to better cut through the mix in live applications such as church choirs or worship bands.
To complement the BETA 58A's tailored frequency response with brightened midrange, it also has a bass rolloff that helps minimize proximity effect — increased low-frequency buildup as you get closer to the microphone — so that your vocals won't be overly bass heavy while still sounding natural, which also makes this microphone an ideal choice for vocalists who prefer to be up close to their microphone while performing.
The BETA 58A offers a supercardioid polar pattern, which has a tighter pick-up range than a typical cardioid microphone, which offers several advantages for performers. This polar pattern helps to reduce feedback thanks to its superior off-axis rejection, along with minimizing handling noise, so even if you are holding onto the microphone while performing, you don't have to worry about any extraneous noises coming through, so you can focus on giving your best performance every time!
Shure BETA 58A Features:
- Premier live performance microphone with Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Uniform supercardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll-off to control proximity effect
- Neodymium magnet for greater sensitivity and higher output
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Dent-resistant steel mesh grille and enamel coated die-cast metal construction resist wear and abuse
- Effective built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath noise