For many years Shure has been known the world over for creating some of the best dynamic microphones available. However, not much has changed in the way that dynamic microphones are designed, nor has there been much change in the way these types of microphones sound. With the KSM8, Shure continues its legacy of outstanding microphones, while also integrating a revolutionary new "Dualdyne™" dual diaphragm capsule that provides one of the purest cardioid polar patterns available in a Shure product. This means that the KSM8's off-axis rejection is incredibly smooth even in high SPL environments, so feedback is practically a non-issue with this microphone. Plus, you don't need to worry about proximity effect while using the KSM8, so there's no artificially boosted low-frequency content or plosives to deal with.
The Dualdyne cartridge includes both active and passive diaphragms, with the passive diaphragm handling the elimination of proximity effect and low-frequency handling noise. The patent-pending Diaphragm Stabilization System (DSS) protects and stabilizes the active diaphragm to minimize plosives or impact to prevent high-frequency handling noise from getting through. This all adds up to a dual-diaphragm capsule that's working twice as hard to provide the most neutral and accurate sound possible from a dynamic microphone.
Just because this microphone offers some of the best-sounding vocals from a Shure microphone doesn't mean that it is any less durable than any of their other microphones. The KSM8 was put through all the same rigorous testing that the likes of the SM57 and SM58 went through, so you'll get a microphone that will perform flawlessly for years and years!
- Patented cartridge design features two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and a groundbreaking inverted airflow system?
- Exceptional control of proximity effect greatly increases working distance without on-axis coloration?
- Neutral midand high-frequency reproduction due to controlled proximity effect results in the most natural-sounding dynamic microphone available?
- Neodymium magnet resides in a micro-injection mold of aerospace SoftMag material, maximizing the magnetic field for the highest output level?
- Re-imagined Shure Pumping Pneumatic Shock Mount features tuned cavities, specific resistances, and precisely machined components fully integrated into the cartridge's acoustic properties, delivering exceptional rejection of handling noise without any loss of low-frequency response?
- Patent-pending Diaphragm Stabilization System technology protects and stabilizes the active diaphragm from unwanted movement from plosives or impact?
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional water, plosive and wind protection?