The Sony PXW-X70 features a 1.0" type Exmor™ R CMOS Sensor with a resolution of 20 megapixels. The sensor, which is even larger than the Super 16mm film frame, delivers high resolution and fantastic low light performance, as well as offering more depth of field control as demanded by todays diverse shooting requirements.
This camcorder has the ability to record High Definition in XAVC Long GOP, enabling 422 10-bit sampling at 50 Mbps. This in-turn supports a broadcast-quality workflow, increasingly adopted by productions in many different professional applications. A fixed ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens achieves 12x optical zoom which can be doubled to 24x with Clear Image Zoom and doubled again to 48x with Digital Extender zoom. There is also a ND Filter function, allowing you to choose four conventional mechanical ND filter positions.
- 1.0 Type Exmor R CMOS Sensor for Stunning Picture Quality: High sensitivity and fantastic resolution with 14.2 million effective pixels delivers striking detail and colors, even in low light conditions
- Compact, Lightweight XDCAM Camcorder Packed with Adaptable Professional Functions: The PXW-X70 weighs less than 1.4kg, including the XLR handle unit, battery (NP-FV70), lens hood and large eye-cup. It offers professional interfaces such as 3G-SDI and HDMI output connectors plus an XLR x2 handle unit with zoom lever. Other professional features include a manual lens ring that can intuitively control zoom and focus, ergonomic palm grip with large zoom lever, two SD memory card slots for backup, simultaneous and relay recording, and a three-level switchable ND filter
- High Sensitivity and High Resolution: The PXW-X70 has higher resolution than any other camcorder in its price range. The 1.0 sensor is brighter and offers more bokeh with a shallow depth of field than 1/3-inch or 1/4.7-inch sensors
- Compact Body: The palm-sized PXW-X70 is ergonomically designed to provide a lightweight and easy-to-use experience
- Wi-Fi/NFC (Near Field Communication) with Content Browser Mobile™ : The PXW-X70 can be remotely controlled from a smartphone or tablet computer (iOS 4.3 through 7.0 or Android 2.3 through 4.3) via a Wi-Fi connection. One-touch authentication is also possible with smartphones that offer NFC connectivity*. The required Content Browser Mobile™ mobile smartphone application can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or App Store
- Superb Night Shooting: In addition to having a sensitive Exmor R CMOS Sensor, the PXW-X70 has a NightShot mode that bypasses the camera's IR filter and includes a switchable infra-red light, so you can shoot in total darkness